Friday 23 July 2010

Carrot Cake



This week I had a cake to make for my Nans annual cream tea at church. There were going to be alot of people there who had alot of baking and cake eating experience so it was important that it should be really good.

After discussing what else they would be having I thought it would be nice to give them something a bit different so I decided on carrot cake.
However I didn't want it to look like an everyday carrot cake with nuts on the edges and little fondant carrots.


Knowing the people there I decided to go with a floral theme and make it really colourful so it would be an exciting centrepiece for the event.

The feed back was great. They all thought it looked wonderful and tasted delicious. I was lucky enough to have a small piece myself (just to check) and it really was. Rich and moist with a really creamy icing. I'll definately be making it again.

Contact me if you'd like me to make one for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment