Monday 12 July 2010

The start of all this cake madness

Around a year ago plans got underway for my Nan's 70th birthday party and my Mom decided that we should each make a cake for her.
At first this sent me into a bit of a panic as I had baked before but never anything for lots of people that they would all see and eat. I made the decision the best thing to do would be to practice as much as possible and so I spent the month of july making cake upon cake. Trying different recipes, decorating them with different types of icing and getting everyone I could to try them and tell me what they thought.




By the time the day arrived I had found a recipe that tasted lovely and I could make well. The finished cake looked much better than I could of hoped and my icing skills had gone from none existentent to something I could be proud of.

The night went well and everyone loved both of the cakes and I felt that I had enjoyed the whole experience. At the time I didnt realise it would be the start of a real passion...

No comments:

Post a Comment