Wednesday 22 June 2011

Creamy Chocolate and Lemon Tower Cake


So back at Easter I had a number of conversations with my Mom about the limited edition lemon mini rolls, it soon became apparent that she had fallen in love with their lemony goodness and why not.






So when it came to her birthday in may there was only one real option for her cake- pimp that mini roll!

So I analysed the mini roll in a very professional manner. Crisp rich chocolate, moist soft sponge, zesty lemon and smooth sweet cream. After all of my hard work I started to consider what more it could have to improve it- well for a start it could be bigger.






The first decision I made was we needed more chocolate. So I added some layers of chocolate cake and a layer of chocolate ganache to cover it.

I also decided it could be more lemony- so I made lemon sponge and added lemon curd between each layer with the sweetened whipped cream.



The chocolate panels on the outside needed to be thicker but not two thick just enough to balance out the cream.

The last addition was fresh fruit as a cream cake is never complete without it!

So there it is my Creamy Chocolate and Lemon Tower, it was light smooth and fresh and seemed to last no time at all.




Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment